:)

domingo, 1 de agosto de 2010

CLASS 2, Period 1

This week's class was really nice because I could see that the students I work with are really good students. They showed me that they have learned a lot, which made my class way easier than I expected. When I planned and began the class, I was counting on nothing really, I thought I had to start from zero, but they knew almost everything. One thing that did not go well was that there are only two people who have the book, which almost ruined one of my activities because they were supposed to work on an exercise from the book. Another thing that didn't go well is that I should have investigated a little more about the topic because one of the students asked a question in which I got confused, so I think that was a big problem. In all, the class was nice, and I felt the time passed really fast because we were having fun. I think my objectives were accomplished and most of this class went right. . .

5 comentarios:

  1. Hey Many, i Guess you have been growing up with this new adventure. I admire the way you said you worked. it is nice to see that you have been creating a new perspective about this new teaching world in which we are all involved. Nice job Many.

    GO AHEAD. REMEMBER THAT TEACHERS ARE NOT PERFECT MODELS, THEY ARE ONLY A GUIDE THAT STUDENTS FOLLOW TO REFINE WHAT THAY ALREADY KNOW AND WHAT THEY GET EVERY DAY IN CLASS.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey it nice to see that your students are enjoying your classes; I guess all of us are doing the same and I do not know you, but in my case now I can see that what I am doing is different to the previous practicum; it really please me because I can see my growing. I think that at the end of this semester we are going to miss teaching jajajajajj.

    Nice job Monica; continue working as well as you did it in these two weeks.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Monica,

    Great to read that you are having fun in your classes. It is very true that sometimes students ask questions that we do not know the answer. I think most of us have faced that situation, but as Yanely says, we are not perfect and we do not know everything, just make sure you do some research on the topic before theclass.

    Keep the good work!

    Cristian Meléndez

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Monica I can see you`re getting involved in the whole thing of teaching and that`s good. That thing that happened to you it also happened to me one day. I run away saying that this question was not in the topic or class, and then that particular student stopped asking me things.....you see..???easy.... that class was free...
    No seriously Monica when teaching some strange topic you have to search for more information and that`s for all of us that in this momemt are teaching here.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Well Monica it is nice to know that you are reaching your objectives because that's the reason why we work hard in every class at this practicum. If there is something that I have learned all through this time is that teachers have to be ready for whatever question that emerges from the group. It is true that there will be questions that we won't be able to answer, but we have to investigate things related to the grammar structure or the topic we are going to teach as much as we can in order to make our students feel confident of what we are teaching.

    let's continue working hard and doing our best not only for getting good grades, but also for getting good experiences.

    ResponderEliminar