:)

lunes, 16 de agosto de 2010

CLASS 3, Period 1


I really enjoyed this class because I felt that the students are kind of getting used to my prescence there. I can say this because I saw that they felt more comfortable with me, they would participate more and they were even laughing and making jokes with me. First, the warm up was really fun! Since there were only 7 students, the teacher offered to be part of one team, and I decided to use her as a model so she couldn't help the group in a direct form. In this activity, the students were supposed to paste the names of each body part on the model. At the end, the teacher and the other group's model had paper all over their face and the rest of their body! The students were laughing and they had fun. I also noticed that they learned a couple of new words in this activity. Then, I showed some pictures of illnesses, and they knew almost all of them! I provided with some new ones and they also gave me some others they knew. We studied the Imperatives, and I liked it that I just explained a little, and they were giving me different examples! They got it all very quickly! I feel so good in this group that I didn't even realize that the time was over. When the teacher told me it was over, I even felt kind of sad! Lol...I really enjoyed it... :)

4 comentarios:

  1. Hey Monica, what a nice activity; I have practiced that warm up a couple of times, and every time I do it, something new comes out, and students laugh a lot. I think that when we begin the class with an activity like that students get more confident, and therefore they practice more. Something I really admire is that you could make the game even with a small group of students because sometimes we plan to do something but at the end we have to change it because you do not have enough students. What a nice job Monika...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey Monica, what a nice activity; I have practiced that warm up a couple of times, and every time I do it, something new comes out, and students laugh a lot. I think that when we begin the class with an activity like that students get more confident, and therefore they practice more. Something I really admire is that you could make the game even with a small group of students because sometimes we plan to do something but at the end we have to change it because you do not have enough students. What a nice job Monika...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Monica,

    this picture is hilarious! I bet students had a great time during this activity. We're still having the problem that students do not come to class on time. We have to figure out a way to make them come earlier, so you do not have problems with the activities. I liked to read that you did not spend too much time exolaining the grammar for this structure.

    Every group is different, but it is true that sometimes we feel more comfortable with some groups that with others.

    Congratulations!

    Cristian Melèndez

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Monica:

    It is great to know that all of us are enjoying our classses. Something that I have noticed is that the expression "time flies" has become popular among us and I think it's because we are really enjoying every class. This is nice because this means that we are not there just because we want to fullfill a requisite but because teaching has become a part of our lives.
    As I can see you have worked hard and things have gone well with you.
    Very nice Monica :)

    ResponderEliminar