:)

sábado, 21 de agosto de 2010

Last class, Period 1

I was a little worried about this last class. I was not feeling well because I think I'm getting a cold or something like that so I was feeling bad, sick and worried in general. I got wet that day beacause it rained a lot at 2PM so I was all wet and cold. I began my class with that nice activity, "Simon Says." Students got excited, but not so much because they were too few and not all of them had all the things that I requested. I agree with teacher Cristian, I think there's something that should be done for the students to come on time. I don't think we, the practitioners can do something about it, though. I think that the tutor teachers should do something like setting strong rules, I mean, rules that the students feel like following. They can offer something like a percentage or maybe offer to take some points away from what they earn. I really don't know, but it's kind of becoming a problem for the people who are in our practicum.
About my class, I think that, even though there were just some students, they had some fun. Then, I explained something about "should." Now, I got some extra information so as to be prepared for any question the students could have. They were working on some exercises and I think most of them understood the structures, and the doubts they had were cleared up at the moment of working on the exercises. I liked the fact that the students felt like asking me instead of the teacher. Some classes ago, they would wait until my class was over to ask the teacher or would approach her to ask some things, but now, they were asking me and I felt like they were more comfortable with me. At the end, we said goodbye and I kind of felt I little sad. . . :( hehehe...Am I being too emotional?. . .I think so. . . =P I'm looking forward to the coming challenges. . .

2 comentarios:

  1. Well, Monik. What you say about the students and the time is very common especially in the afternoon. I guess that it depends on the teacher they have because i have worked in the morning and in the afternoon, but in the morning it never happens. But i strongly believe that it is depends on the teacher they have.

    It sounds like a difficult, but an interesting class, nice to see you feel comfortable with the students.

    Nice work, Many!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Monica,

    It is interesting that you mention the problem with the students not being on time to class. I understand that they have other classes before the English class, so they should be in the classroom on time. I will ask the teachers to pay more attention to this problem because it is getting worse. But I also agree with Yannely that it depends on the teacher.

    Thank you for sharing your experiences.

    ResponderEliminar