:)

sábado, 4 de septiembre de 2010

CLASS 1, Period 2


This first class was a little challenging for me because I had a terrible terrible terrible week, and I hadn't slept the night before. . . I was tired and felt nervous because of that. The class began with a nice activity in which students had to hit a balloon while they said a word related to a category that I gave. They had fun, I could see. After that, I brought a song which contained the structure being taught. The students were supposed to order the pieces of paper to form the lyrics of that song. It was nice, and almost all the teams could do it :) After that, we talked about the song and the story in it.
One thing that went wrong is that I brought a fill-in the gaps, and this activity took too long. I thought I was going to take less because the teacher had already explained that grammar, however, the students had soooooo many questions about it, so many doubts that it took a long time to finish it. All of that made my last activity go wrong as well. This activity required a little more time, but I couldnt finish it. . . ='(
I'll try to pay more attention to time next class. . .

3 comentarios:

  1. Monica something like this happened to me, I made an activity thinking that they knew the structure, and when they were performing the activity they couldn`t do it so fast because they were asking me things that they were supposed to know. It is really hard for us to continue after that because then the teacher gives you bad grades or some bad comments.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Monik, time is our enemy in some occasions.
    It is not the preparation what goes wrong in all the cases as you noticed today, it has plenty of reasons. On the other side,I think working with music as part of the warm up is an excellent idea and I´m glad they enjoyed it, too. I hope you continue doing the best you can. When a group of students ask you a lot is a good sign for you because you could bring them confidence. That´s great!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Well Many, I guess you worked in a very nice way. Remember that we have to consider many things at the time we prepare different activies for our classes. There are some other factors that will try to destroy the way we want to work.

    Keep in mind that we must change things with our attitude. That's the most important part of a teacher's work.


    I like the way you worked with your students. I think they had fun and were very nice with you because of the environment you created for them.

    ResponderEliminar