:)

viernes, 17 de septiembre de 2010

CLASS 2 , Period 2

Today, I had my second class. It was nice because, even though it didn't begin as good as I wanted it to begin, it became more and more fun as the time passed by. One thing I didn't like about this class was the Warm-up activity. It's not about the activity because we have tried it and it's kind of fun. However, the type of students in that classroom didn't like that activity. I noticed that because they were not doing it as they had to, even though they knew what it was about. They were doing it just to get out of that task. I think the day really affected this part of my lesson because all of them seemed like they were tired, and so was I.
After that, I explained some grammar, and asked them to work on very controlled activities. I liked this part of the lesson because I did a "Rotating Task." I divided the class in four groups. Each group had a task to do. After some minutes, they had to stand up and change task. That's how I got a variety of activities done. I also liked it because that's the part in which the students finally dare to ask all those things they didn't ask when they had the chance. I like that because it gives a sort of "privacy" which allows the students to feel more comfortable to ask.
As usual, I even lost the track of time...hehe...I never realize when the time is over hehe... :)

1 comentario:

  1. Well, Monica remember that teacher's attitude is one of the most important parts in a clss because your attitude must be contagious. You said you were as tired as they were (jajajaj) I guess all of us have the same problem, but remember that we must change our attitude when working with students.

    I have experienced that situation. If you are kind of tired or bored, your students will copy the same attitude you have.

    I know it is kind of difficult to work sometimes, especially with this group of students. I recommend you to have a previous contact with them. That's something i used to do when i was working with them. For example, you can ask them about their previous classes or about how they feel in order to have a previous contact and prepare them for the class.

    Something else you can do is try to involve the "funny" guys in the activity to help you. there are like 3 or 4 guys there who always helped me in those activities. They can help you to involve the rest of students in the different tasks you want students to work on.

    Nice job Mony.

    ResponderEliminar