:)

sábado, 25 de septiembre de 2010

CLASS 3, Period 2


Do you remember that activity in whih we had to grab a paper containing a word that we had heard in a song? Yes, the one teacher Cristian introduced to us. . . Well, I began my class with that activity. I did it as a warm-up because I thought it wouldn't take so long. Actually, it didn't, and the students had a lot of fun. What took longer was the follow-up activity. I decided to hav students work on some questions based on that song. Those questions would make them use the structure, and that was the point. Actually, I didn't take the follow-up as part of the warm-up. I thought it would be kind of the first activity, but the teacher told me that the warm-up took really long hehe... Then, I brought some speaking activities since the teacher told me that the students were ready to free practice only. However, as the activities were being developed, I notice a lot of gaps in some of the students. Something that I liked was that, unlike the previous classes, this time students were asking a lot. . .probably because they were working in small group, they felt more comfortable calling me and asking. In this class, I think I got to laugh more with them, they were making jokes and having fun. Yannely lent me some small cards with pictures of places. Some of the pictures were kind of abstract, so students would wonder what those pictures were. I told them, you can imagine anything, whatever it looks to you, that's it. After that, they began to imagine lots of fun things and making sentences using the future tense. I liked this class :)

3 comentarios:

  1. Well Monica,

    I am happy to see that you are enjoying your practicum. I can see how you are growing as a teacher every time I read your blog.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Well Monica, as I can see you are learning new things every class you teach. I can see that you had problems with the warm up activity because it took you longer than what it was supposed to be.Remember that the warm up activity has to take 5 minutes or 7. I know that this is something hard for us, but we are going to learn how to manage this after a couple of classes more meanwhile, let's continue learning.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Many, I think you had a very nice class even with the problems you faced. I know this group of students and I know they like to talk a lot, but they use to ask many things. They really like to learn new things.

    The time is like our enemy, but remember that it is almost impossible to have an very short activity. The point here is just to look for some short activities that will not take too much time.

    I am glad to know that you could use the cards in your class. Nice job, I think that you used them in a very clever way. Congratulations for this class, Many.

    ResponderEliminar