:)

viernes, 15 de octubre de 2010

JOURNAL 1, Period 3

This week's class was a surprise for me...I had the chance to see familiar faces, which I was not expecting at all...It was nice to see some of those students. I could see that this is a nice group because they're easy to work with.

The class began with a warm up called "kill your classmate." The students had to make two teams, one person from each team had to complete a sentence. The first person to finish, had to "kill" his or her classmate. It was nice... :)







Then, I explained some grammar, but just a short review because it was something they had already studied. However, I took a long time to explain something that was so easy for them... :( hehe... To explain this, I used a little box and a monkey. The topic was "prepositions of place"...they had to put the monkey in the right position :) it was nice! I also showed a chart with the pictures of some prepositions (the little boxes and the ball...)

After that, the students were working on different tasks. I really like doing "Rotating Tasks" because each group of students kind of look forward to the next challenge and also they are less likely to get bored. I made four stations, in each of which was a different activity: scrambled sentences,








conversations,




a picture of a messy room in which they had to mention where things were,




and the last one, I showed some pictures but the students were able to see only a part, they had to guess where the person, animal, or thing was (using prepositions of place, of course...) here's one of the pictures for you to get an idea.
BEFORE and AFTER OPENING















At the end, the time wasn't enough for me, as usual... One thing that didn't go well was exactly what I just mentioned: timing. I never keep track of time, or maybe I do, but still I always want to finish all the activities I have hehe... One thing that I really liked was that, after the classes were over, the teacher gave me a nice feedback. I found everything he said very useful. He didn't tell me what I had done wrong; instead, he told me what he thought could have been better, and he told me HOW...That's really important. Most teachers tell us what was not so good, but not always how to do it better. He also said he was open to complaints. As he gives feedback, he asks why we did certain things so that he can change consider the grade he is going to assigned based on our reasons. I liked this group and also my new tutor teacher's way to work :) :) :)

4 comentarios:

  1. Hi Monich!
    I liked your class! You developed really nice activities.
    Something really important is that the tutor teacher gave you ideas of how to make activities work better for the group. That´s something few teachers do. As you said, most of them say what you did wrong, but what about the things you did good???????
    I know we will learn a lot in this group!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Teacher Monika take advantages of this group and also this teacher because they are really nice and comfortable to work with.I love the time I spent there. I know you`re doing a great job. Keep working on that and the first thing is to pay attention to your teacher`s comments. He is a good teacher and of course you have a wonderful students....

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hey,It was a great class just by reading I can imagine how it was being there. I agree with you about the professor´s recommendations because as I have said before, we are studying to learn how to teach and we have the right to be guided by our tutors because I supposed it is the purpose of paying for our education and giving our best efforts. I know he is a great professor and I consider you will learn more from each class. You did it again Monik!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello Monica, I think that you were very creative with your class. I liked the different activities you mentioned. All the ideas you had for this class. Great!! I guess you also enjoyed this class, but i think you went to bed late because you had to prepare many things for the students.

    I think students worked a lot with you. The class sounds funny and interesting. I am sure you worked a lot and i guess you were satisfied with the results.
    Nice job, Monica!!

    ResponderEliminar