:)

jueves, 21 de octubre de 2010

JOURNAL 2, Period 3


This week's class went really great despite some little details that went not to good. I began the new lesson plan, and it was really well done. I liked all the activities and I was looking forward teaching it.
In the warm-up, the students had some fun while trying to give clues to their classmates, who had the name of a famous person on their back. I chose exotic people like Michael Jackson, Ricky Marti, etc. They were laughing and having a good time.
After that, I moved to the presentation. It was an article that contained a lot of sentences in Present Perfect tense. However, I didn't do it well because I got some suggestions on how to do it well the next time. According to my tutor teacher, the presentation and grammar explanation phase were too fast. I told him that most of our tutors require us to explain grammar in 10 or 15 min max. . . .If we take longer, they assign low grade on Variety of activities because we take too long on those parts that we can't cover enough activities from the lesson plan. Now I know and will try not to hurry because my tutor said it's better to develop fewer activities if they will be better understood by the students. After that, they worked on very controlled practice. They did it really well. I used charts, photocopies and the board.
At the end of the class, the teacher had to stop me because I was ready with around three or more activities that I couldn't finish. Im also glad that I got some compliments from some girls when I was monitoring :$ :$ :$ hehe...It was a nice class, as you can tell :)

2 comentarios:

  1. Well Monica as I can see both of us worked in the same part of the lesson, but of course we did it totally different. It is very nice to see how you worked during your second class, this is nice because after this period you will be ready to teach any level and any structure. Congrats for your nice work!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Many, i can see that even the different problems you had to face, you could work accurately. I think that it was a nice class. There is always something that does not go well, but it always happens. I guess you had a nice experience. Thank God our tutors try to help us with different recommendations. I think you are having a different perspective from this new experience and this new group of students.
    Congratulations Many!!

    ResponderEliminar